Today’s researchers tackle complex problems that cannot be resolved within a single academic discipline—and MIT constantly creates and evolves academic organizations that foster interdisciplinary work.
- Centers, labs, and institutes: Independent interdisciplinary centers, laboratories, and institutes
- Institute initiatives: Institute-wide research and educational activities
- Prominent programs: Notable centers, laboratories, institutes, and programs that engage the efforts of multiple MIT faculty
- 65+ research centers, labs, and programs
- ~800 companies collaborating on faculty and student research